The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. Please discuss this issue on the talk page and read the layout guide to make sure the section will be inclusive of all essential details. (June 2011)
Informatica’s product is a portfolio focused on Data Integration: ETL, Information Lifecycle Management, B2B Data Exchange, Cloud Data Integration, Complex Event Processing, Data Masking, Data Quality, Data Replication, Data Virtualization, Master Data Management, Ultra Messaging; currently at version 9.6 These components form a toolset for establishing and maintaining enterprise-wide data warehouses. It has a customer base of over 5,000 companies.
Informatica PowerCenter, the flagship tool of Informatica works on basis of transformations which transform data in multiple ways.
Type of transformations:
• Active : One that can change the number of rows being output.
• Passive : One that cannot change the number of rows being output.
• Source qualifier – conversion of source datatypes to Informatica datatypes
• Expression – transforming data with functions
• Lookups – joining data with lookups
• Sorter & Aggregator – sorting and aggregating data
• Update Strategy expressions
• Transaction control – how to create transactions and control commits and rollbacks